• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is transaction already in progress using AOP

New to Spring. Using version 2.5

Would like your advise on how to accomplish the following scenarion:

A transaction spans the following methods:
    Sevice1.method1() -> DAO2.method2() ->DAO3.method3()

My question is, is there any way of knowing that the transaction is already in progress when I call DAO2.method2()? In other words, is there a way of knowing that transaction is NOT new when DAO2.method2() is getting invoked?

Can I resolve it by specifying specific propagation rule for Service and DAO?

More than likely, Service will call DAO. If Service calls DAO, then Service->DAO will be a part of one transaction. However, JUnit will call DAO directly, thus bypassing Service. As such, for JUnit, transaction starts when DAO is called. I need to accommodate for this scenario and still need to know if the transaction is already in progress, or brand new; whenever a method in Service, or a method in DAO gets called.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards

Specifying propagation should do the right thing. For example, if you specified the Required propagation, at DAO layer, Spring will start transaction there if there isn't an ongoing transaction.

That said, you shouldn't really have to specify transaction boundaries at the DAO level. For JUnit tests, check out documentation Spring test support. By extending an appropriate class or adding appropriate annotation will do the trick for you.

-Ramnivas

Comment

Working...
    X