Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run Advice before execution of Spring method.

I would like a Pointcut that would run before methods in org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate. I have tried everything but I cannot get the Pointcut down. Please help.

Currently I have @Pointcut("execution(* *org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.*(..)) ").

Spring only advices bean it knows about. So if you don't define the JdbcTemplate inside the application context but construct a new one in your class it isn't going to be intercepted.

Comment

Below is the code I want to advise.

Code:
      public class JdbcProductDao extends JdbcDaoSupport implements ProductDao
      List<Product> products = getJdbcTemplate().query("select id,
      I want to run advice when the .query method is called

Comment

That is not going to be adviced. The JdbcTemplate is created internally to the DaoSupport class and not inside a spring application context. So spring doesn't know about that instance, so cannot intercept it.

Either inject a JdbcTemplate (remove the JdbcDaoSupport class dependency create a construct which takes a template and inject it) or switch to loadtime weaving.

Comment

Marten Deinum,

Back in this thread you suggested wrapping the data source to log SQL executed. How would one go about this?

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=56687

I would perfer not to use full blown AspectJ and load time weaving if possible.

Comment

Working...
          X