Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .AnnotationTransactionAspect - Do I need it.

I am using compile time weaving for transaction support for my service beans.
    I have the following iin my applicationContext.xml

Code:
        <tx:annotation-driven mode="aspectj" order="999" /
    I am using maven aspectj plugin to do the compile time weaving. Everything is working perfectly. But in the Ref. doc. I saw somwthing like
    It is also possible to use the Spring Framework's @Transactional support outside of a Spring container by
    means of an AspectJ aspect. To use this support you must first annotate your classes (and optionally your
    classes' methods with the @Transactional annotation, and then you must link (weave) your application with
    the org.springframework.transaction.aspectj.Annotation TransactionAspect defined in the
    spring-aspects.jar file. The aspect must also be configured with a transaction manager. You could of course
    use the Spring Framework's IoC container to take care of dependency injecting the aspect.
    And also saw some configuration on some blog posts like
    Code:
        <bean class="org.springframework.transaction.aspectj.AnnotationTransactionAspect" factory-method="aspectOf">
            <property name="transactionManager" ref="transactionManager"/>
        </bean>
    Do I need the last part ? I thought that <tx:annotation-driven will take care of every thing ? And that seems to be the case, as the transactions are working correctly.
    Last edited by gumnaam.sur; Apr 7th, 2008, 10:21 AM.

<tx:annotationd-driven /> doesn't use loadtime weaving it creates a proxy.

The second sample does use weaving.

So you can use either one, using both is overkill and actually pretty useles (and might cause problems).

Comment

Actually as per 2.5's ref. documentation
      Code:
      <tx:annotation-driven mode=aspectj />
      Does not creates proxy, rather it depends on either load time or compile time weaving of AnnotationTransactionAspect.
      Code:
      <tx:annotation-driven mode=proxy />
      will create either JDK dynamic proxies or CGLIB proxies depending on the value of 'proxy-target-class' attribute. But when mode='aspectj', then no proxying is done.
      I am quite sure of that. What I want to know is , if mode is set to 'aspectj', is there a need to define AnnotationTransactionAspect separately in spring config file, with the transactionmanager injected ?
      Or will <tx:annotation-driven mode='aspectj' /> do it for me ?

Comment

Working...
      X