X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem proxying factory-instantiated bean

I am trying to proxy a factory-instantiated dataSource bean using the <aop:scoped-proxy/> element in my bean, but I get the following error in the ScopedProxyFactoryBean when it tries to proxy the bean:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create scoped proxy for bean 'scopedTarget.dataSource': Target type could not be determined at the time of proxy creation.

Doesthe scoped bean factory work with factory instantiated beans?

My dataSource code is legacy code, so I need to use a factory to instantiate it, but the dataSource has 'session' scope so i need to proxy it in order to use it with the transaction manager.

My data layer bean defs look like this:

Code:
    <!-- DataSource Factory Bean (instance factory) -->    
    <bean id="dataSourceFactory" class="com.myorg.service.data.WebDataSourceFactory" factory-method="instance">
    </bean>	

<bean id="dataSource" factory-bean="dataSourceFactory" factory-method="getDataSource" init-method="init" scope="request">
        	<constructor-arg value="/com/myorg/resource/datasource-config-application.xml"/>
        	<aop:scoped-proxy/>
        </bean>
    Any help would be appreciated...

~ strykker

It says it can not determine the type of the bean to be proxied. So wrapping your bean into a FactoryBean might be a solution. FactoryBean has a getObjectType() method which you can implement properly. The additional effort should not be to big.

Joerg

Comment

That's actually a duplicate.

Joerg

Comment

Working...
      X