Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advising HttpInvokerServiceExporter

Hi
    I wish to add some functionality around the proxy generated through exposing services through HTTP Invoker (the same question would apply if using RMI, Burlap etc..).

On the client, I woulkd like to proiduce an @Around aspect that performs Profiling of Remote calls from the client, but I have been unable to define a pointcut that captures exection of the Beans provided by the HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean.
    In the end I have had to provide a pointcut providing "call" join points.

Similarly, I am trying to capture joinpoints on the server, for execution of HttpInvokerServiceExporter beans, but again I am unable to capture.

I can use any of core AspectJ (Compile Time Weaving or Load Time Weaving), or Spring AOP.

Can anyone provide help.

Ta
    Marc

Marc, not sure what the problem is? I use the example in the documentation and it works fine (except for my ordering problem). The pointcut expression matches the implementation of my service beans (which are exposed via RmiServiceExporter).

Comment

Yes (suffering from information overload I think),
      Following these instructions I am now able to profile the calls from the client to the HTTP Invoker calls (i.e. beans defined as HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean).
      I was defining the pointcut within an annotation style pure AspectJ pointcut, but moving the definition into the Spring AOP gets the execution call correctly. Thanks very much.

I am now going to attempt to use Spring AOP on thew server side. where I want to capture calls to my transactional beans, but only when accessed via HttpInvokerServiceExporter beans.

Many Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X