Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to advise a particular named bean?

Hi
    Is it possible to restrict advice to only a particular named bean, i.e. to a bean with id "xyz"? I want to apply different advice depending on the bean instance.
    Or alternatively, in an advice, can I find out the id of the bean being advised?
    Thanks

If you use proxy based AOP, it should not have to be any problem. I don't know if this is possible with AspectJ (bytecode weaving).

Comment

In spring 2.1 there is a bean element for the pointcut definition language so you could use that. Or use the 'old' proxy based spring 1.2 way and you shouldn't have a problem either.

Comment

Originally posted by Alarmnummer View Post
        If you use proxy based AOP, it should not have to be any problem. I don't know if this is possible with AspectJ (bytecode weaving).
        Thanks.
        I do use proxy based AOP.
        Can you be more explicit? I couldn't find anything in the documentation or by searching the Web.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeinum View Post
          In spring 2.1 there is a bean element for the pointcut definition language so you could use that. Or use the 'old' proxy based spring 1.2 way and you shouldn't have a problem either.
          Thanks.
          Can you be more explicit? I couldn't find anything in the documentation or by searching the Web.

Comment

Does this help you ? http://static.springframework.org/sp...-api-autoproxy

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Stefan View Post
              Perfect!
              Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
              X