Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• template for interceptor stack?

Hi,

is there a way to defne some form of template for an interceptor stack?

I have a lot of services defined in a spring application context that should all be intercepted by a stack of the same interceptors. Instead of defining a ProxyFactoryBean with a list of the same interceptors *for every* service, I like to define this interceptor-list only once and wire it with the least possible amount of typing in the application context xml file.

Thanks for any hints that could help me!

Felix

template for interceptor stack?

Hi Felix,

I am also interested in that approach. If you read my recent posting (http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=12675) you'll see that I tried to create a parent "EnterpriseBeanTemplate" to apply a series of interceptors to several POJOs.

Unfortunately Spring throws an Exception during application context initialization.

Another approach I am trying is to use BeanNameAutoProxyCreator to apply interceptor stacks to several beans identified by name (with wildcards). Several interceptors/advisors use source code annotations to figure out the pointcut. So far this approach is working nicely.

Best regards,
    Fernando
    Last edited by robyn; May 19th, 2006, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks Fernando, the <bean ... abstract="true"> and <bean ... parent="..."> stuff was basically what I was looking for.

Felix

Comment

Just to complete this topic: there are also the 'autoproxying' facilities of Spring described in chapter 5.10 of the Spring reference manual. Autoproxying is probably a bit more comfortable (i.e. there's no need to have the target bean with a different name), but it also includes the disadvantage of beeing a bit more "automagic" by not explicitly expressing what is happening (IMHO one of the big dangers with AOP anyway).

Cheers,
        Felix

Comment

Working...
        X