Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOP and logging

hi,
    Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. I am new to spring aop. I would like to use AOP for logging. I have gone through the concepts and understand that spring provides multiple ways to intercept a method .
    I have to log some important transactional information in the methods that i intercept. My logging is just not about logging info like when a method is called or finished . Is Spring a good choice or is it a bad design to have some objects or code common between the method being intercepted and logging aspect . I appreciate your help.

Thank You
    VVS

Depends on what you want to log

AOP is a good solution when you want to apply the same behavior in lots of different places. That is where things like method tracers method performance loggers are really good. However, if each logged message is different and unique, then AOP doesn't really solve that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by vsv0001 View Post
      hi,
      Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. I am new to spring aop. I would like to use AOP for logging. I have gone through the concepts and understand that spring provides multiple ways to intercept a method .
      I have to log some important transactional information in the methods that i intercept. My logging is just not about logging info like when a method is called or finished . Is Spring a good choice or is it a bad design to have some objects or code common between the method being intercepted and logging aspect . I appreciate your help.

Thank You
      VVS
      Hi Dude,

The same thing has been discussed in internna.blogspot.com
      Think still its the first blog there.

Regards,
      DJ

Comment

Working...
      X