Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exposing the current proxy (exposeProxy)

How do I do the following with the <aop: > namespace or annotations?

Code:
    <property name="exposeProxy">
    <value>true</value>
    </property>
    For example, what do I need to modify if my object has this on a method:
    Code:
    @Transactional(readOnly = false, propagation = Propagation.REQUIRES_NEW)
    public void blah() ...
    if I want to call blah from an other method in the same bean using
    Code:
    ((MyInterface) AopContext.currentProxy()).blah();
    Any input is appreciated.

The aop.xsd doesn't expose "exposeProxy". Maybe there is a better (preferred) way but here is one way.

Get a hold of the application context with <aop:config ...> (e.g. implement ApplicationContextAware) and then do:

Code:
    String beanName = "org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator";
    AspectJAwareAdvisorAutoProxyCreator autoProxyCreatory =
        (AspectJAwareAdvisorAutoProxyCreator) getApplicationContext().getBean(beanName);
    autoProxyCreatory.setExposeProxy(true);

Comment

thanks

Obviously this has to be this complicated because it is not a good practice.
      What I did was I got hold of the current bean from the bean factory and then I did not even need to expose the proxy. I called the method on the returned proxy not on "this":

Code:
      // get "this" currently executing bean
      packageResolver = (PackageResolving) beanFactory.getBean("packageResolver");
      // do not call on "this"
      // resolvePackagesForDealer(dealership);
      packageResolver.resolvePackagesForDealer(dealership.getDealerCode());

Comment

That's much cleaner. Ofcouse if you could arrange your logic so the advice can make that 2nd call then you wouldn't even need to get the bean factory.

Comment

2nd call

Yes, I think the advice could make the second call, but then it would not be an advice - it would know too much about the advised object.
          Do you have a good example of when an advised object needs its proxy?
          An other solution would be to use two service objects.
          The reason why I need a new transaction in the 2nd method is that I loop through many objects and write them back to the database, and so the transaction would be very large and some vendors can not handle 10,000+ updates in one.

Comment

An other solution would be to use two service objects.
            The reason why I need a new transaction in the 2nd method is that I loop through many objects and write them back to the database, and so the transaction would be very large and some vendors can not handle 10,000+ updates in one.?
            Without knowing much about the structure of your classes I would say you could look into separating the looping logic out into a separate class, which would control how the updates are split into batches.

Comment

Originally posted by mucsij View Post
              For example, what do I need to modify if my object has this on a method:
              Code:
              @Transactional(readOnly = false, propagation = Propagation.REQUIRES_NEW)
              public void blah() ...
              if I want to call blah from an other method in the same bean using
              Code:
              ((MyInterface) AopContext.currentProxy()).blah();
              I believe, tricks described in this thread do not work for unit tests, as Spring Test infrastructure does not create AOP proxies around unit tests (but does @Transactional annotation processing "manually"). Any ideas how to hack in this case?

Comment

Working...
              X