X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AspectJ + OC4J + Spring AOP gives problems

I'm using AspectJ and Spring AOP to advice the same beans (applicationservices) , and get an error when I try to add 2 different styles aspects (weaving aspects-AspectJ, proxy aspects-SpringAOP)

Code:
      at oracle.oc4j.admin.internal.DeployerBase.execute(DeployerBase.java:126)
         [java]     at com.evermind.server.administration.DefaultApplicationServerAdministrator.internalDeploy(DefaultApplicationServerAdministrator.java:446)
         [java]     ... 8 more
         [java] Error: Deploy error: deploy failed!: ; nested exception is: 
         [java]     oracle.oc4j.admin.internal.DeployerException: Error creating bean with name 'authorisationAppService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationcontext-authorization-appservice.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userRepository' while setting constructor argument with index 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userRepository' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationcontext-database.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationcontext-database.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'dataSource' while setting bean property 'dataSource'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJPointcutAdvisor': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'applicationServiceCallPointcut' while setting constructor argument with index 1; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'applicationServiceCallPointcut': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJExpressionPointcut]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is oracle.classloader.util.AnnotatedLinkageError: Class org/aspectj/weaver/reflect/AnnotationFinder violates loader constraints

[java]       Invalid class: org.aspectj.weaver.reflect.AnnotationFinder
         [java]              Loader: oc4j:10.1.3
         [java]         Code-Source: /java/servers/oc4j/j2ee/home/applib/aspectjweaver.jar
         [java]       Configuration: system property java.class.path

[java]     Dependent class: org.aspectj.weaver.reflect.ReflectionWorld
         [java]              Loader: oc4j:10.1.3
         [java]         Code-Source: /java/servers/oc4j/j2ee/home/applib/aspectjweaver.jar
         [java]       Configuration: system property java.class.path
    This is the bean configuration for the transaction aspect:
    Code:
     <bean class="org.springframework.transaction.aspectj.AnnotationTransactionAspect"
              factory-method="aspectOf">

<property name="transactionManager"
                      ref="transactionManager"/>
        </bean>

OC4J is started with the AspectJ agent, and I'm using a aop.xml to prevent all classes from being inspected:

Code:
    <aspectj>
        <weaver>
            <include within="foo.appservices..*"/>
        </weaver>
    </aspectj>
    If I use only the AspectJ part to set up my @transactional aspects, everything is ok. I have added the @transactional annotations to my applicationservice-implementations.

This is one of my application services:
    Code:
    public class QueryIntakeAppServiceImpl implements QueryIntakeAppService {

private final static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(QueryIntakeAppServiceImpl.class);

public QueryIntakeAppServiceImpl() {
        }

@Transactional(readOnly = false, propagation = Propagation.REQUIRES_NEW)
        public QueryProgress submit(String query, Credentials credentials) throws NotAuthorizedException {
            ... junk
        }
    }
    If I add profiling by Spring AOP, I get an error:

This is the configuration for the profiling:
    Code:
    <aop:config>
            <aop:pointcut id="applicationServiceCallPointcut"
                          expression="execution(* foo.appservices.*.*AppService+.*(..))"/>

<aop:aspect id="loggingAspect" ref="profiler">
                <aop:around
                        method="profile"
                        pointcut-ref="applicationServiceCallPointcut"/>
            </aop:aspect>
        </aop:config>

<!-- the profiler that does the actual profiling -->
        <bean id="profiler"
              class="foo.aspects.JamonProfiler"/>
    This is the aspect:
    Code:
    public class JamonProfiler {

public Object profile(ProceedingJoinPoint jp) throws Throwable {
            String name = jp.getSignature().getDeclaringTypeName() + "." + jp.getSignature().getName();
            Monitor mon = MonitorFactory.start(name);
            try {
                return jp.proceed();
            } finally {
                mon.stop();
            }
        }
    }
    Last edited by Alarmnummer; Dec 28th, 2006, 06:43 AM.

Looking at your stacktrace it looks like a classloading issue. Do you have 2 instances of the aspectj jars hanging around in the classpath somewhere?

This error generally occurs when you are trying to reload a already loaded class. Now if the class would already be loaded by the servers general classloader this could interfere the web-application classloader.

Comment

Can you tell me how to start the OC4J with the AspectJ agent?

Comment

I encounter exactly the same problem as described in the first post.

The steps I took to produce the error were:
        1. Add the aspectweaver.jar to the lib directory shared by all applications found at OC4J_HOME/j2ee/home/applib
        2. Made sure that the aspectweaver.jar is unique (does not appear twice on the classpath)
        3. Added a aop.xml to a META-INF directory on my application's (ear) classpath
        4. Added the agent argument to the startup script (oc4j.cmd): -javaagent:<path-to-ajlibs>/aspectjweaver.jar

I dare to say that this is a bug.
        Last edited by Urs Peter; Jun 6th, 2007, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by javiere View Post
          Can you tell me how to start the OC4J with the AspectJ agent?
          Specify this as VM argument (Java 5+): -javaagent:<path-to-ajlibs>/aspectjweaver.jar

See here for reference.

regards,
          Andreas

Comment

Can someone post articles, examples, or whatever on how to implement aspect weaving at compile-time (instead of doing it at run-time)?

I've found that doing it at runtime is slow (at least in Tomcat).

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by javiere View Post
              Can someone post articles, examples, or whatever on how to implement aspect weaving at compile-time (instead of doing it at run-time)?
              You'll need the AspectJ compiler for that. Have a look at the AspectJ page.

Regards,
              Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Urs Peter View Post
                I encounter exactly the same problem as described in the first post.

The steps I took to produce the error were:
                1. Add the aspectweaver.jar to the lib directory shared by all applications found at OC4J_HOME/j2ee/home/applib
                2. Made sure that the aspectweaver.jar is unique (does not appear twice on the classpath)
                3. Added a aop.xml to a META-INF directory on my application's (ear) classpath
                4. Added the agent argument to the startup script (oc4j.cmd): -javaagent:<path-to-ajlibs>/aspectjweaver.jar

I dare to say that this is a bug.
                Could we please have a reaction on the initial post, which is backed up by my own experiences. (LTW does not work on OC4j in combination with Spring's runtime weaving)

Comment

another OC4J + Spring load time weaving that doesn't work

Another vote here for solving this issue. We're encountering the same error when configuring LTW on OC4J 10.1.3

Comment

I am having the same problem with OC4J 10.1.3.2 when I mix aspectjweaver and spring interceptors...

Any luck anybody?

Right now I am trying to find the sources for aspectjweaver-1.5.3, but no luck... they seem to be only in the cvs, but I could not find them here (http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index...=Tools_Project)

Comment

Working...
                    X