X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MethodInvocation and logging.

I am trying to create a wrapper for a bean that will log every time a method is called on the class. This is straight from the reference documentation. I have written an interceptor that prints the "before" and "after" log statements as in the documentation. However I have run into one problem. The class in documentation logs as follows:

System.out.println("Before: invocation=[" + invocation + "]");

I do not want to call invocatiaon.toString() but use my specific format. I want to log as <packagename>.<classname>.<methodname> ENTRY.

However to do this, I need to get hold of the target class name. But there seems to be no way to get to it. Any ideas?

Should the class have a getTarget() method in the org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation class?

Code:
      System.out.println&#40;invocation.getStaticPart&#40;&#41;.toString&#40;&#41;&#41;;
    returns full method signature.

Comment

But I do not want full method signature. I am looking to print somethng like this:

com.mycompany.myclass.mymethod ENTRY

- Vinay

Comment

is it too hard to convert
        Code:
          public java.lang.String com.mycompany.myclass.mymethod&#40;java.lang.Integer&#41;
        into
        Code:
          com.mycompany.myclass.mymethod ENTRY
        :wink:

Comment

How to get the Target name

I have a similar problem where my Proxies, only return the Interface name and not the class name. They were created with BeanNameAutoProxyCreator.

When i do Invocation.getMethod().getDeclaringClass().getName () I get the Interface. Same thing happens with getStaticPart() Is there a convenience method for getting the Target class?

Regards
          depeupleur

Comment

You can use the following:
            Code:
                String targetName  = invocation.getThis&#40;&#41;.getClass&#40;&#41;.getName&#40;&#41;;
            HTH

Comment

worked like a charm, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X