X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PerformanceMonitorInterceptor implementation problems

Hi, i'm trying to obtain an estimate for a particular method's execution time. The performanceMonitorInterceptor seems to be just what i'm looking for.
    My interface is: com.ott.gt.queue.IQueue
    One of the implementing classes: com.ott.gt.queue.SimpleQueue

Here is my bean spec:
    Code:
    <bean id="performanceInterceptor" class="org.springframework.aop.interceptor.PerformanceMonitorInterceptor"/>

<bean id="simpleQueue" class="com.ott.gt.queue.SimpleQueue"/>

<bean id="pService" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactoryBean">
                <property name="proxyInterfaces">
                    <value>com.ott.gt.queue.IQueue</value>
                </property>
                <property name="target">
                    <ref bean="simpleQueue"/>
                </property>
                <property name="interceptorNames">
                <list>
                    <value>performanceInterceptor</value>
                </list>
                </property>
        </bean>
    I don't see any errors starting up my server , so bean initialization goes ok. But i don't see any log statements when any of the implemented methods from the interface are called in my "target" class.
    I use log4j for our logging. Now, there might be a conflict or a mismatch, i'm not sure, with commons logging.
    Putting the logger for thewhole application in debug, doesn't show me *any* indication that the interceptor method is being called.
    I even subclassed the performanceMonitorInterceptor and changed just the logger to use log4j and still to no avail.
    I even have the latest CGLIB library. I'm not sure what i'm missing.
    Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    j

progress...

I realized that the reason i didn't see the interceptor kicking in at any point was because i was calling the actual bean instead of the proxyFactoryBean. Once i changed that, i can see the stopwatch debug code; but this happens only when *one* of the interface methods is being called, and not the rest. I'm not sure why this is happening.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

got it...

The xml bean spec i wrote above is right. I found out that there was an error with the way i was testing this.
      Thanks everybody.

Comment

Have the same problem

Hi,

i have the same configuration as you and see no output of the interceptor. For my testcase I set up an application-context, similar to yours and receive my service from this context. I also use the proxy, like pService.

I don't use log4j. Also the output say to me
        INFO: CGLIB2 available: proxyTargetClass feature enabled

any suggestions?
        thanks

Comment

Working...
        X