Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weaving is not working in WebSphere 8.5 Liberty Profile

Hello,

I use WebSphere Application Server v8.5 Liberty Profile with Spring 3.2. I've enabled load-time-weaver in spring but seems that is a problem with websphere when is trying to initialize the weaver. This is the error that I get:

"Could not obtain server-specific LoadTimeWeaver: Could not initialize WebSphere LoadTimeWeaver because WebSphere 7 API classes are not available"

In tomcat everything is working fine. In the Spring's documentation is mentioned that the weaving is supported also in Websphere from version 7.

I've asked on the Websphere forum, and they told me that the Websphere Liberty Profile API's and Websphere Application Server API's are different and this is a Spring issue.
    So I'm asking does Spring has support for weaving in Websphere Liberty Profile?
    Do you have any idea how can I solve this?

Thanks

I am interested in this as well. I have code that works perfectly under WebSphere 8.5 but fails under Liberty. I'm using the DefaultContextLoadTimeWeaver to enhance the OpenJPA entities at load time and nothing that I've tried is working yet with Liberty. I get the following exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ClassLoader [com.ibm.ws.classloading.internal.ThreadContextClas sLoader] does NOT provide an 'addTransformer(ClassFileTransformer)' method. Specify a custom LoadTimeWeaver or start your Java virtual machine with Spring's agent: -javaagent:org.springframework.instrument.jar
    at org.springframework.context.weaving.DefaultContext LoadTimeWeaver.setBeanClassLoader(DefaultContextLo adTimeWeaver.java:93) ~[na:3.1.3.RELEASE]
    at org.springframework.context.weaving.DefaultContext LoadTimeWeaver.<init>(DefaultContextLoadTimeWeaver .java:70) ~[na:3.1.3.RELEASE]

Comment

Working...
    X