Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring + AspectJ + Tomcat7: ThreadLocal error preventing deployment Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring + AspectJ + Tomcat7: ThreadLocal error preventing deployment

Code:
    May 18, 2012 4:49:22 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
    SEVERE: The web application [/webapp1] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor$1] (value [org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor$1@4c3fe94a]) and a value of type [java.lang.Boolean] (value [false]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

Hi, I am getting the above error when deploying using Spring + AspectJ + Tomcat 7 on a Mac. Can anyone shed some light as to what could be happening?

I am not using ThreadLocal anywhere in my own code, so it must be something between the platform components.

FT

Originally posted by financeturd View Post
    Code:
    May 18, 2012 4:49:22 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
    SEVERE: The web application [/webapp1] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor$1] (value [org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor$1@4c3fe94a]) and a value of type [java.lang.Boolean] (value [false]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

Hi, I am getting the above error when deploying using Spring + AspectJ + Tomcat 7 on a Mac. Can anyone shed some light as to what could be happening?

I am not using ThreadLocal anywhere in my own code, so it must be something between the platform components.

FT

Never mind about this -- it seems like a bug in Tomcat but it does not affect the webapp itself.

It happens when the app fails to deploy properly and then Tomcat attempts to undeploy it, but the app hasn't cleaned itself up fully.

FT

Comment

Working...
    X