Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get parameter names at runtime?

Hi,
    I desperately need help on this. I've have been looking all over for a way to do this.
    I am trying to use a @Before advice to print the names and values of the actual arguments of method pointcuts.
    First I thought simply compiling the class files with the -g option will do the trick. That didn't work.
    Then I read in a post somewhere that using AspectJ load-time weaving will for sure do the trick. So I did the following for Tomcat 7:

In my context.xml
    Code:

<Loader loaderClass="org.springframework.instrument.classloading.tomcat.TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader"/>
    In my config.xml
    Code:
        <context:load-time-weaver weaver-class="org.springframework.instrument.classloading.ReflectiveLoadTimeWeaver"/>
    But still when I call MethodSignature.getParameterNames() it returns null.

So my question is:
    Is there a way to get the parameter names of a method from within an advice? If so how?

Is LocalVariableTableParameterNameDiscoverer the solution?

Comment

LocalVariableTableParameterNameDiscoverer doesn't seem to work either. Is there a solution to this that does not require annotating each and every single parameter on method pointcuts?
      HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!

Comment

Can anybody help???

Comment

Correction. LocalVariableTableParameterNameDiscoverer does indeed work. I think got caught out by proxies and/or interfaces classes when I tried to use it. However it requires files to be compiled with debug info which is less than desirable.

Comment

Working...
          X