Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring AOP + Jsp

Hi

I have a strange question.

Suppose you need to execute code really at the end of server interaction. So, if i use jsp, i need to execute it AFTER the rendering of the page.

There is a way to execute it?

i tried after this pointcut

@Pointcut("@annotation(org.springframework.web.bin d.annotation.RequestMapping)")

but it leave me just after the "return ModelAndView". I need to get the very end of the server session.

Maybe it's absurd, but there is a way? Thanks anticipately

Why?! But that is another question.

Depending on what you need/want you could either write a HandlerInterceptor and implement the afterCompletion method (this is executed after rendering). If you really want to be sure you write a ServletRequestListener which will be executed before the request is handled and when the request is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
      Why?! But that is another question.

Depending on what you need/want you could either write a HandlerInterceptor and implement the afterCompletion method (this is executed after rendering). If you really want to be sure you write a ServletRequestListener which will be executed before the request is handled and when the request is over.
      thank you, i implemented a ServletRequestListener. On the bad side, it lister for EVERY servlet, not only the @RequestMapping invoked servlet. Only for curiosity: afterCompletion is related only to the @RequestMapping annotated method? thanks

Comment

I suggest a read of the reference guide, the section about HandlerInterceptors, that explains each method in detail and what the use of it is.

Comment

Sorry, i forgot to mention why: because i want to force closing all the database session, related to the running thread, that could possibly be not closed due to errors etc

Comment

To answer the why, that is why spring has transaction management etc. build in, simply use that instead of (re)inventing your own.

Comment

Working...
            X