Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to access SOAPMessage from within a Spring Aspect in JAX-WS? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to access SOAPMessage from within a Spring Aspect in JAX-WS?

I've got a JAX-WS WebService that is using Spring 3 IOC. Note that I am NOT using Spring-WS. I have coded a Spring Aspect to handle any exceptions and ensure that they are properly handled in the WebService class prior to completing a call. Within my Aspect, I would like to get access to the user's locale (defined in my SOAP Header), however I am not sure how to do this.

I know I can get the Locale in a handler, but that doesn't help me within my aspect. I tried injecting the WebServiceContext, but that is always null.

A little digging around pointed me to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2674 which seems to indicate that:
    1. Spring intentionally does not inject a WebServiceContext object
    2. the WebServiceContext is a thin wrapper for the SOAPMessageContext

However, if I try to autowire the SOAPMessageContext instead, that fails as well with the following error message:

Code:
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private javax.xml.ws.handler.soap.SOAPMessageContext com.cws.cs.lendingsimulationservice.error.ServiceErrorInterceptor.webServiceContext; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not set javax.xml.ws.handler.soap.SOAPMessageContext field com.cws.cs.lendingsimulationservice.error.ServiceErrorInterceptor.webServiceContext to java.util.LinkedHashMap
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$AutowiredFieldElement.inject(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:502) [spring-beans-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar:]
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InjectionMetadata.inject(InjectionMetadata.java:84) [spring-beans-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar:]
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:282) [spring-beans-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar:]
            ... 21 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not set javax.xml.ws.handler.soap.SOAPMessageContext field com.cws.cs.lendingsimulationservice.error.ServiceErrorInterceptor.webServiceContext to java.util.LinkedHashMap
            at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwSetIllegalArgumentException(UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.java:146) [:1.6.0_29]
            at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwSetIllegalArgumentException(UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.java:150) [:1.6.0_29]
            at sun.reflect.UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.set(UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.java:63) [:1.6.0_29]
            at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Field.java:657) [:1.6.0_29]
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$AutowiredFieldElement.inject(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:498) [spring-beans-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar:]
            ... 23 more
    I figure that there must be a way I can access this information from within an aspect, but cannot seem to figure out how.

If I try to inject a SOAPMessage object instead, I get a org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefini tionException: No matching bean of type [javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage] found for dependency error message.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,

Eric
Working...
X