Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annotation problem with Pointcut in Logger

Hi
    I have used a logger class with below snippet.
    @Pointcut("execution(* com.wqe.aaf.asas.*.*.*(..)) ")
    public void methodPointCut() {

}

@Before("methodPointCut()"
    and so on.

but it is giving below exception.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: error at ::0 can't find referenced pointcut methodPointCut
    at org.aspectj.weaver.tools.PointcutParser.parsePoint cutExpression(PointcutParser.java:315)
    at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJExpressionP ointcut.buildPointcutExpression(AspectJExpressionP ointcut.java:195)
    at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJExpressionP ointcut.checkReadyToMatch(AspectJExpressionPointcu t.java:181)
    at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJExpressionP ointcut.getClassFilter(AspectJExpressionPointcut.j ava:162)

I have annotation jar in lib with names hibernate-commons-annotations.jar,hibernate-annotations.jar and hibernate-commons-annotations.3.2.0.Beta1.jar,ehcache-spring-annotations-1.1.3.jar.

Are these hibernate jars creating conflict with spring annotation?

Please help in this regard.

No the problem is you must specify package and class of pointcut method when you use it in the @Before:

Code:
    @Before("com.mypackage.MyPointcutClass.methodPointCut()")
    otherwise pointcut method is not found and its @Pointcut annotation can't be processed using reflection.

Comment

tried the same u mentioned but getting the same exception.error at ::0 can't find referenced pointcut methodPointCut

Comment

hmmm you should post your Spring config and aspect class code (remember to use the [ CODE] tags!)

Comment

thank you a lot for trying, and i am glad to share the problem is resolved.
          it was the problem with jars i used for aspect
          i replaced aspectjweaver-1.5.2.jar and aspectjrt-1.1.1.jar with
          aspectjweaver.jar and aspectjrt.jar.
          Sorry for being lazy to identify which jar was faulty...
          but i got a great relief
          thank you

Comment

Working...
          X