Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Dynamic Modules 1.0 Released

Dear Spring community,

I'm pleased to announce that Spring Dynamic Modules for OSGi(tm) Service Platforms (formerly known as Spring OSGi) 1.0 has been released. See the official press release.
    Downloads| JavaDocs | Reference Documentation | FAQ

Spring Dynamic Modules is a full-fledged project in the Spring portfolio with committers from SpringSource, BEA and Oracle, focused on enabling enterprise applications to take advantage of the dynamics and modularity of the OSGi platform through Spring's powerful, POJO based, non-invasive programming model.

For a quick introduction, see the screencast page.
    Last edited by Costin Leau; Jan 25th, 2008, 12:52 PM.

Quick question.
    How come there is no Forum dedicated to Spring DM? There seem to be forum for everything but Spring DM. For such exiting and powerful stuff there seem to be no place where we can exchange problems/solutions.
    The Google group dedicated to it has it's last posting on Feb 2007.
    Am i missing something?
    Thank you!

Comment

Hi Oleg,

indeed Spring DM doesn't have a forum yet since we're waiting for the migration to the new forum software to be completed before migrating here.
      The reason behind it, is to allow both mailing list and forum style posting.
      The Spring OSGi group is active (http://groups.google.com/group/spring-osgi) - there were a couple of posts today even.

I don't like the community split myself but I think causing a migration without a real alternative to people who prefer mailing lists is worse then the current setup.

Comment

Thanks Costin!

I definitely look forward to whatever changes this migration will bring.
        Also on the topic of documentation, i was wondering if you were able to review the tutorial I've posted as comment to this JIRA issue: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/OSGI-311 - regarding better Eclipse/SpringDM integration.
        I am very interested in contributing and would like to know if I am on the right track on this one.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X