Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
BeanDoc 0.8.0 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BeanDoc 0.8.0

    After a long hiatus, BeanDoc 0.8.0 has been released. This version includes proper support for Spring 2.x namespaces. Thanks to Marat Radchenko, Jan Tietjens and Moritz Kliene for their efforts on this.

    UPDATE: 0.8.1 fixes a major, stupid error in the 0.8 file. Please use 0.8.1

    We've also relocated the project to http://spring-beandoc.sourceforge.net and split the repository away from the main Spring CVS repo.

    Apologies for the excessive delay getting this out of the door, hope you find it useful.

    Darren.
    Last edited by davison; Nov 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM.

  • #2
    Well, sounds great.
    I have tried it, but encountered some problems with it. Exception is raised when building beandoc.
    Code:
    BeanDocException: Unable to parse or validate input resource
    I checked the xml definition in my webapp and found the problem when parsing webflow and tx definitions. Here is the definition:
    Code:
    	<flow:executor id="flowExecutor" registry-ref="flowRegistry">
    		<flow:repository type="continuation" max-conversations="1" />
    		<flow:execution-attributes>
    			<flow:alwaysRedirectOnPause value="false" />
    		</flow:execution-attributes>
    	</flow:executor>
    
    	<tx:annotation-driven transaction-manager="transactionManager"
    		proxy-target-class="true" />
    Any suggestions?
    Peter

    Comment


    • #3
      Either bean description nor contructors args are ignored (maybe also something more). Tested also on JPetStore. There are only bean names and their atributes (such as abstract, class etc.).
      It's probably a question of parsing xml to Document object.

      Peter

      Comment


      • #4
        Peter,

        would you be able to post the complete stack trace and the context file that is causing it? Ideally here if you can: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...7&atid=1008704

        When you say you tested against JPetStore, do you mean the sample included in the download? Did you get the same error? That certainly works ok for me.

        Cheers,

        Comment


        • #5
          I have to say one thing. In downloaded bundle (including JPetStore example), there was not any exception actually. This exception was only in my application contexts (the code of these contexts I will post tomorrow).
          But in JPetStore e.g. in applicationContext.xml there is a bean with description (petStore), but in the generated documentation this description is missing (same in my webapp bean's description as well as e.g. the contructor arguments). So I can see bean attributes only.
          I had a look at doc.xsl and I suppose that description should appear in docs, am I right?
          Tomorrow I'll post context definitions and also a translation to czech language (in UTF encoding).

          Peter

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by storm View Post
            But in JPetStore e.g. in applicationContext.xml there is a bean with description (petStore), but in the generated documentation this description is missing (same in my webapp bean's description as well as e.g. the contructor arguments). So I can see bean attributes only
            hmm.. there is a an incorrect XSL file in the release - probably my inability to apply a patch properly (or test properly, or both).

            Most of it is fixed, but an issue remains specifically with <description/> elements for a <bean/> not being displayed. This only happens for beans defined in a file using XSD schema definitions - it's fine for beans in files using the 2.0 DTD. Nor does it affect <description>'s in the root (under a <beans> element) which is odd and needs more investigating than I have time for tonight.

            Sorry for the waste of bandwidth, but try 0.8.1 which is up there now.

            Comment


            • #7
              Okay,
              first of all I have to thank you for a quick answer.
              I tried 0.8.1. Almost correct (except description as you said).
              Please be free to add the czech language translation into distribution (submitted on sourceforge.net) - correct the header if you wish.
              So remains only description and <tx:annotation-driven/> and <flow:registry/>.

              BTW: there is also some problem with changing context of beandoc (e.g. in JPetStore changing context to alternative-beandoc.xml doesn't work because of IOException File not found).

              Comment

              Working...
              X