Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Framework 2.1 M4 Released Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spring Framework 2.1 M4 Released

    (2007/9/10) - We're pleased to announce that Spring Framework 2.1 M4 has been released. Here is Juergen's original announcement:

    --

    Dear Spring Community,

    I'm pleased to announce that Spring Framework 2.1 M4 has been released! This milestone release introduces:
    • 'qualifier' annotation support for choosing a specific @Autowired match;
    • our next-generation Spring TestContext Framework with support for JUnit4;
    • SimpleJdbcCall operation object for stored procedure calls;
    • support for autowiring of scripted objects (Groovy, JRuby, BeanShell);
    • support for Tiles2 views in Spring Web MVC.

    Which leads me to some further exciting news...

    We've been reviewing the overall set of features that we introduced in the recent 2.1 milestones:
    • full Java 6 and Java EE 5 support
    • full-featured annotation-driven dependency injection
    • support for component scanning in the classpath
    • "beanName" pointcut element in AspectJ pointcut expressions
    • built-in support for AspectJ load-time weaving
    • further XML configuration namespaces (context, jms)
    • extended SimpleJdbcTemplate functionality
    • officially certified WebSphere support
    • Spring ApplicationContext can be deployed as RAR file
    • JCA 1.5 message endpoint management (for JMS and CCI)
    • completely revised framework for integration tests
    We concluded that this goes significantly beyond what we originally planned for Spring 2.1. The version number 2.1, as used for the milestones, does not reflect the significance and the comprehensiveness of the features in this release.

    So I'm pleased to announce that the next release will be called Spring Framework 2.5 RC1, with the 2.1 milestones seamlessly leading into Spring Framework 2.5 as the upcoming major release! Check out the Interface21 team blog for the official announcement and for upcoming posts on specific Spring 2.5 features as we move closer to the final release.

    Spring 2.1 M4 is here. Long live Spring 2.5! :-)

    Enjoy,

    Juergen Hoeller
    Lead, Spring Framework Development
    Interface21 - http://www.interface21.com
    Last edited by Colin Sampaleanu; Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:58 AM.

  • #2
    m2 repo?

    Will the stuff appear in https://springframework.svn.sourcefo...ringframework/ anytime soon?

    Comment


    • #3
      No actually The new milestone location is 'http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.springframework.org/milestone/' but this hasn't been officially announced. I'm working on that forthwith, but the blog and forum post are a day or two off.

      Note that this is generally not visible using a normal web browser (it's using Amazon S3 which is a REST-ful service). It will however work with Maven (Spring WS and Spring Security are already using it). If you need to browse this repository, check http://s3browse.com/explore/maven.sp....org/milestone.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ben Hale View Post
        No actually The new milestone location is 'http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.springframework.org/milestone/' but this hasn't been officially announced. I'm working on that forthwith, but the blog and forum post are a day or two off.

        Note that this is generally not visible using a normal web browser (it's using Amazon S3 which is a REST-ful service). It will however work with Maven (Spring WS and Spring Security are already using it). If you need to browse this repository, check http://s3browse.com/explore/maven.sp....org/milestone.
        Cool - thanks!

        Comment


        • #5
          Great I'll give it a testdrive asap.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's not work for me, file download will be fail, and maven throw complain with file checksum

            Code:
            [WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Checksum failed on download: local = 'b53f905520
            3962de4b656ae8587817ddc0f1c7ec'; remote = '<!DOCTYPE' - RETRYING
            Downloading: http://s3browse.com/explore/maven.springframework.org/milestone/org
            /springframework/spring-test/2.1-m4/spring-test-2.1-m4.jar
            4K downloaded

            Comment


            • #7
              DraculaCwg,

              It appears the reason you're having a trouble, is because you're using the wrong repository. As the original post said, the proper repository URL is 'http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.springframework.org/milestone'. If you need to browse the directory you use the s3browse.com URL, but you can't use it in Maven.

              Comment


              • #8
                THX,Ben Hale
                It's work fine now. I am using the wrong repository.

                Comment


                • #9
                  And what is with 2.0.7?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Spring batch

                    Originally posted by Ben Hale View Post
                    DraculaCwg,

                    It appears the reason you're having a trouble, is because you're using the wrong repository. As the original post said, the proper repository URL is 'http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.springframework.org/milestone'. If you need to browse the directory you use the s3browse.com URL, but you can't use it in Maven.

                    Can't find any spring batch artifacts?
                    http://s3browse.com/explore/maven.sp...k/spring-batch

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Look in the snapshot directory - http://s3browse.com/explore/maven.sp...amework/batch/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Correct. I don't believe that the M2 release is out quite yet.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          spring-mock seems to be missing for 2.1m4 too, see http://s3browse.com/explore/maven.sp...k/spring-mock/

                          Just fyi

                          -Kaj

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi,

                            spring mock is renamed into spring-tests since 2.1m4. Have a look here
                            http://s3browse.com/explore/maven.sp...k/spring-test/

                            rgds
                            agim

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lyserg View Post
                              spring mock is renamed into spring-tests since 2.1m4. Have a look here
                              http://s3browse.com/explore/maven.sp...k/spring-test/
                              Thanks!


                              -Kaj

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X