Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Framework 2.1 M1 released

Dear Spring Community,

We are pleased to announce that Spring 2.1 M1 has been released. This is the first milestone release in the Spring 2.1 series, introducing major new features including annotation-based configuration, JCA-based message endpoint management, new "context" and "jms" XML configuration namespaces, and JDK 1.6 and Java EE 5 support.

See the associated press release for an overview of the major themes of the 2.1 release. Subscribe to the Interface21 Team Blog for discussion and examples of the new features.

Please see the changelog and JIRA roadmap for more details on the exciting new features introduced in this release.

P.S. Maven users should see this thread.

Enjoy,
    Juergen Hoeller
    Lead, Spring Framework Development
    Interface21 - http://www.interface21.com
    Last edited by Colin Sampaleanu; Jun 28th, 2007, 12:56 PM. Reason: add maven link

Great effort I'll be taking a look (and do a bit of testing) as soon as I have the time. Is there a timepath for Spring 2.1 (and probably some related projects as Spring Batch, Spring Security) or is that still TBD?

Comment

For now it's TBD since some of us are still recovering/getting back from JavaOne.
      However, expect an update on this (through a blog/news) sometime soon... but don't quote me on this .

Comment

LOL recovering from JavaOne and going for SpringOne... Great...

I cannot quite you on this, to bad... I'll keep an eye (as always) on your blogs and this spot on the forum.

Comment

I just saw that spring 2.1M1 has hibernate 3.2.4 as dependency.
          it looks that, and i just had the same problem, hibernate 3.2.4 has problems with native id generators. may be it is better to repackage it, for a while, with the 3.2.3 version. At least, i hope this can be useful for 2.1M1 testers.

see http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=974296

Comment

Originally posted by mdeinum View Post
            LOL recovering from JavaOne and going for SpringOne... Great...
            Some people have all the fun . I'll try dropping this into a couple of applications tomorrow and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
            X