X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement : JPOX 1.1.0 released

After 20 months of effort, we're pleased to announce the release of JPOX 1.1.0, aka JDO2 "Reference Implementation". This is a fully-compliant implementation of the JDO2 (JSR243) specification, passing the JDO2 TCK. JDO2 provides a major improvement over JDO1 providing standardised O/R mapping, major JDOQL query enhancements, lifecycle listeners, attach/detach, fetch-group control, SQL querying, and much much more.

Being a JDO(2) implementation it can be used with Spring 1.2.x or 2.0.x using Springs orm modules. JPOX 1.1 comes with its own Spring plugin (JdoDialect) allowing finer coupling of the two packages.

Viva JDO!

Trying to use Spring 1.2.8 with JPOX1.1

Hi andy or any one who uses this combination,

I'm trying to write to use the two versions above, but it looks like they are not using the same jdo2 jar to build. I get the following exception:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.jdo.PersistenceManager.attachCopy(Ljava/lang/Object;Z)Ljava/lang/Object;
    at org.springframework.orm.jdo.DefaultJdoDialect.atta chCopy(DefaultJdoDialect.java:237)
    at org.springframework.orm.jdo.JdoTemplate$15.doInJdo (JdoTemplate.java:475)
    at org.springframework.orm.jdo.JdoTemplate.execute(Jd oTemplate.java:259)
    at org.springframework.orm.jdo.JdoTemplate.attachCopy (JdoTemplate.java:473)

Any help would be appreciated. I will post this on JPOX forum also.

Thanx

Comment

As I posted on the JPOX forum, Spring 1.2.* seemingly doesnt support JDO2 final. It supports some JDO2 from December 2005 or earlier. If you want JDO2 final support (and hence to use JPOX 1.1.0 and any other compliant JDO2 implementation) you must use Spring 2.0 or later.

Would some Spring developer like to comment on the correctness of that, and whether Spring 1.2.* will ever support JDO2-final ?

Comment

Working...
      X