X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Framework 2.0 M2 Released

(2006/2/1) - We're pleased to announce that Spring Framework 2.0 M2 has been released. Here's Juergen's original announcement:

-----

Dear Spring community,

I am pleased to announce that Spring 2.0 M2 has been released.
    Download it here.

Spring 2.0 M2 is the second milestone of the next generation of Spring. This release includes enhancements and new features, including refined AspectJ support and Java Persistence API (draft) support. It also contains fixes for issues discovered since 2.0 M1.

Please see the changelog for details.

Spring 1.2.7 will also be released shortly, backporting a number of fixes and minor enhancements from 2.0 M1/M2, and providing the 1.2 series basis for the upcoming Spring Web Flow 1.0 release candidate. The next Spring release in the 2.0 series will be 2.0 M3. Please review the roadmap for more detailed information.

Cheers,

Juergen

-----
    Juergen Hoeller
    Interface21 Ltd
    http://www.springframework.com
    Last edited by Colin Sampaleanu; Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:25 PM.

hi;
    it was stated before in the forums that we should expect to get the 2.0 documentation along with M2 timeframe.
    is this still relevant?
    thanks in advance.

Comment

The downloadable package contains the reference manual, and the reference manual is now also available of the doc page on the .org website:
      http://www.springframework.org/documentation

As to what 2.0 features have been documented, some things such as AspectJ expression support in pointcuts is in the docs, while other features still need to be documented.

Comment

Colin, where can we find something that documents the new bells and whistles in 2.0 compared to 1.2.x?
        Thanks

Comment

exactly what i wanted to ask.....
          i just browsed through the 2.0 docs and, for me as a non experienced spring user, i would really like to have a 'mini tutorial' on whats new plus how to port my existing 1.2.x stuff to the new 2.0 stuff.

Comment

maven2 repository update

Can we have the maven2 ibiblio repository been updated for the springframework 2.0-m2 version ?

Thanks for the work !

Comment

Originally posted by RayKrueger
              Colin, where can we find something that documents the new bells and whistles in 2.0 compared to 1.2.x?
              Thanks
              We were just talking a few days ago about having some sort of document like that available for 2.0 M3 or 2.0 final. There's a clear need. Unfortunately right now there's not much more than the changelog, as well as some blog entries out there, which specifically mentions new features.

Regards,

Comment

I second that. If you or someone can enumerate some of those postings/blogs, that would help us a lot in making use of those new features. Please?!

Comment

The changelog says:

Overall
                  * all of Spring must be built on JDK 1.5 now; the test suite is still able to run on JDK 1.4 and 1.3
                  Is this only for this release? Or is this going to be a requirement for Spring 2.0+?

Comment

And for 1.2.7 as well?

Originally posted by GeneralCB
                    Can we have the maven2 ibiblio repository been updated for the springframework 2.0-m2 version ?

Thanks for the work !

For 1.2.7 would be very nice as well (for us careful ppl :-) )

Comment

For 1.2.7 would be very nice as well (for us careful ppl :-) )
                      +1

This will be really appreciated. We need this release for webflow 1.0-ea.
                      http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=22919

Comment

Where can i see the roadmap of version 2.0? What is the estimate date for the final release?

Thanks in advanced,
                        rjc

Comment

Hi Colin,

there is a road map within the issue tracking system:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...:roadmap-panel

But unfortunately there are no dates. I think it's rather a dynamic process than a fixed date process.

Pieper

Comment

Working...
                          X