X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Framework 3.2.2 Released

The second maintenance release in the Spring 3.2.x line is now available via Maven Central, the SpringSource repository, or for direct download from our community download page. This release includes over 100 bug fixes and improvements and is a recommended upgrade for all users.

Download | Documentation | Javadoc | Changelog | JIRA | API changes from 3.2.1

I've noted what I assume is a discrepancy with the release. I apologize if this is not the correct place to put this, but I was looking.

The release notes list:

"Changes in version 3.2.2 (2013-03-14)
    -------------------------------------
    * official support for Hibernate 4.2 (SPR-10255)"

Which is great. I was tracking down some of the dependencies for our SCM team, and I wanted to verify which 4.2 was supported -- 4.2.0.Final, 4.2.2, etc.

The issue is that the published POM doesn't list any 4.2 verison. The Spring Framework 3.2.2.RELEASE POM lists:

<dependency><groupId>org.hibernate</groupId><artifactId>hibernate-core</artifactId><version>4.1.0.Final</version><scope>compile</scope><optional>true</optional></dependency>

( http://repo.springsource.org/release....2.RELEASE.pom )

, which isn't much help. Similarly, the Spring Framework 3.2.3 release shows it depends on Hibernate-Core 4.1.9.Final.

I did some sleuthing on my own, and found that maybe it's "org.hibernate:hibernate-core:4.2.1.Final"?

See line 528: https://github.com/SpringSource/spring-framework/blob/master/build.gradle

But really, what's the officially supported exact version for 3.2.3 and 3.2.2? Where would I find this as a consumer, and can someone fix the POMs published to the release repo site so we can be more confident we are using what you are using during development?

Comment

Working...
    X