X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Framework 3.1.2 Released!

The second maintenance release in the Spring 3.1.x line is now available via Maven Central, the SpringSource repository, or for direct download from our community download page. This release includes many important bugfixes and minor improvements and is a recommended upgrade.

Cheers!

Download | Documentation | Javadoc | Changelog | JIRA

There's a problem with the OSGi manifest entries that has cropped up in 3.1.2 that I did not see in 3.1.1. I have created a libd file for 3.1.2, the same exact one I created for 3.1.1 except for the version. With 3.1.1 the jars all load fine. With 3.1.2 I get an exception (using Virgo 3.5.0.RELEASE):

Code:
    Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.ImportMergeException: 
    cannot merge imports of package 'org.springframework.context.annotation' from sources 
    'Import-Library 'org.springframework.spring' version '3.1.2.RELEASE'(Import-Bundle 'org.springframework.context' version '3.1.2.RELEASE', Import-Bundle 'org.springframework.aspects' version '3.1.2.RELEASE')' 
    because of conflicting values 'org.springframework.aspects', 'org.springframework.context' of attribute 'bundle-symbolic-name'
    The libd is

Code:
    Library-SymbolicName: org.springframework.spring
    Library-Version: 3.1.2.RELEASE
    Library-Name: Spring Framework
    Import-Bundle: 
     org.springframework.aop;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.asm;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.aspects;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.beans;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.context;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.context.support;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.core;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.expression;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.jdbc;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.jms;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.orm;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.oxm;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.transaction;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.web;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.web.servlet;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     org.springframework.web.portlet;version="[3.1.2.RELEASE, 3.1.2.RELEASE]",
     com.springsource.org.aopalliance;version="[1.0.0, 1.0.0]"
    This is as I said exactly the same as the one I use for 3.1.1. Both are adapted from the libd for 3.0.5 that ships with Virgo 3.5.0.RELEASE. Nothing but version numbers have changed from 3.0.5 -> 3.1.1 -> 3.1.2.

An example manifest for a bundle that imports the libd is (for use with bundlor)

Code:
    Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
    Bundle-Name: ${project.name}
    Bundle-SymbolicName: ${project.groupId}.common
    Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.SNAPSHOT
    Import-Library: org.springframework.spring;version="[3.1.2,3.2.0)"

Comment

Having this problem now... Solutions?

Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.ImportMerg eException: cannot merge imports of package 'org.springframework.context.annotation' from sources 'Import-Library 'org.springframework.spring' version '3.1.2.RELEASE'(Import-Bundle 'org.springframework.context' version '3.1.2.RELEASE', Import-Bundle 'org.springframework.aspects' version '3.1.2.RELEASE')' because of conflicting values 'org.springframework.aspects', 'org.springframework.context' of attribute 'bundle-symbolic-name'

Comment

Originally posted by r1c4r60 View Post
        Having this problem now... Solutions?

Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.ImportMerg eException: cannot merge imports of package 'org.springframework.context.annotation' from sources 'Import-Library 'org.springframework.spring' version '3.1.2.RELEASE'(Import-Bundle 'org.springframework.context' version '3.1.2.RELEASE', Import-Bundle 'org.springframework.aspects' version '3.1.2.RELEASE')' because of conflicting values 'org.springframework.aspects', 'org.springframework.context' of attribute 'bundle-symbolic-name'

Resolved my problem in the following way:

1 - Removed the library import from template.mf
        2 - Imported the libraries required by my webapp in the pom.xml

Let me know if anyone goes through the same issue - and let's hope that in a next version this problem will be resolved.

Comment

Working...
        X