Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest template Async task error

Hi all,

I encountered a strange problem, and i searched for it, but i couldn't find any answer for that. Therefore i thought of writing it in spring community. My issue is that when i try to execute resttemplate It gives me an error saying,

FATAL EXCEPTION: AsyncTask #1
    java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occured while executing doInBackground().
    Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: abstract method not implemented.
    etc...

The code was fine earlier by the way, And i did not change any codes too. I am not sure whether the issue is with the rest template. And my project is managed through maven.

This is the way i am calling the method.

return (DeviceFingerprint)restTemplate.postForObject(url, deviceSecurityProfile, DeviceFingerprint.class);

And as i mentioned it was fine at the begining.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks in advance.

Rest template Async task error

More information is needed. It could be something that your Maven pom is pulling in. What does it look like? What does your AsyncTask look like?

Comment

Issue Fixed

Hi,

Thanks for the reply dutchman. The issue was fixed. As i told earlier i did not change the codes, and it suddenly stopped working with this async task error. And the error came through the rest template post for object. I used the rest template 1.0.0.Build snaphot maven dependency. After the error occurred i changed it to 1.0.0.M1 and the issue was fixed. So i think its because of the version of the rest template.

Comment

Working...
      X