Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
UriTemplate expand method, tries to replace URL parameters containing {} characters Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UriTemplate expand method, tries to replace URL parameters containing {} characters

Hi there,
    I'm using spring-android 1.0.0.M4 and noticed this behaviour.

Let's say I want to make a getForObject pointing to following URL:

protocol://example.com/databases/mydatabse/collections/mycollection?q={"field1":"value1", "field2":"value2"}&apikey=8r2e34gd6d3

where q it's a json notated query, like mongolab API.

Well, in this scenario, UriTemplate tries to expand variable "field1":"value1", "field2":"value2" ... which in this case is not a variable, but a URL parameter value.

Is this an expected behaviour?
    do you plan to support this kind of URL parameters?

for now, I've made a simple workaround for this, but I'm curious about this kind of URL parameters support.

thanks!

In this case, this is the expected behavior, because as you noted Rest Template is designed to replace the {param} notation in the url. The easiest workaround for this is to create a String with your JSON data and use that to populate the q={query} part of the url. I could see the benefit of changing the notation used for parameters, since it obviously collides with JSON notation, but that would also break a lot of existing code out there.

Comment

mnogo zavano, dobre che nai-nakraq se registrirah, che mnogo se izmachih

Comment

Working...
      X