Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem creating a new Project

Hello,

I wanted to make my first steps with spring android, but I've Problems to set up the project :-(

So I created a new android Project in Eclipse (Android 2.2). I didn't use maven.
    Created the source folder 'libs'
    Added the three libs:

- android-rome-feed-reader-1.0.0-r1.jar
    - spring-android-core-1.0.0.M4.jar
    - spring-android-rest-template-1.0.0.M4.jar

I've added them to build path and now Eclipse couldn't build the project any more...

I get always this error:

Code:
    UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/code/rome/android/repackaged/com/sun/syndication/feed/CopyFrom;
    [2011-09-29 22:34:06 - testapp] Dx 	at com.android.dx.dex.file.ClassDefsSection.add(ClassDefsSection.java:123)
    [2011-09-29 22:34:06 - testapp] Dx 	at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.add(DexFile.java:143)
    [2011-09-29 22:34:06 - testapp] Dx 	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processClass(Main.java:372)
    [2011-09-29 22:34:06 - testapp] Dx 	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processFileBytes(Main.java:346)

[2011-09-29 22:34:06 - testapp] Conversion to Dalvik format failed with error 1
    Any Idea what's going wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

Problem creating a new Project

Delete the bin directory and gen directory, or do the command

>ant clean

Then do:

Project > Clean

from Eclipse (may need to do do this more than once but wait a min or two for the project to build again).

When all else fails close Eclipse and delete your .android directory in your user folder. It will be recreated when you open Eclipse again.

on Windows 7 it is in C:\Users\(your user name)\.android

Hope it will help you.

Comment

Working...
    X