Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Android and Maven

Hi All

I am new to maven, and spring android. And i find it is very inconvenience of using them both. Please help if I am wrong.

Setup maven is not difficult, but using it and maintain it is quit a lot of works, especially at the development stage.

First, I believe maven is suitable for large solution with multiple projects. But for android apps with one developer, it is a lot of maintenance works. For example, after maven setup, i have to manually maintain all the dependencies such as junit, android library projects etc at the pom.xml, instead of the easy way -build path. Just to trade in the two Spring Android features?

I could not also run junit test in eclipse IDE, i need to do it at the cmd prompt. Do I have to complie and install at maven as well every time i change my source, and want to try out at the android simulator?

Regards
    Bryan

Do you have the maven tools plugin within Eclipse?

Comment

@Bryan you are certainly not required to use Maven for building your android applications. Many developers are familiar with its use in other java applications, so therefore like the integration it provides with Android. However, as you said, the standard method of building Android applications is to simply use a libs directory for your external jars, and this works fine with Spring Android too. Hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
      X