Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Example applications does not work!

Hi,
    I'm trying to write an application using spring-surf and spring-mvc but I don't found any good starting point application template...

I've downloaded from svn the spring-surf-application-petclinic but it's completly broken...
    The app compile fine but there are a lot of error:
    1) urlrewrite.xml it's not valid and it does not respect the dtd (you have to move the <outbound-rule> section at the end of the file
    2) web.xml it's not valid (you have to move the <servlet-mapping> section at end of the file)

Even if I fix these errors the application is still broken:
    1) If I click on the welcome page I get a 404 error and on the tomcat console I see this
    WARN : org.springframework.web.servlet.PageNotFound - No mapping found for HTTP request with URI [/spring-surf-application-petclinic/app/home] in DispatcherServlet with name 'Web Framework Page Servlet'

2) If I click on the search link under the "owner" section I get a 400 error

3) If I try to create a new owner under the "owner" section I get a 404 error and on the tomcat console I see this WARN : org.springframework.web.servlet.PageNotFound - No mapping found for HTTP request with URI [/spring-surf-application-petclinic/app/page/owners] in DispatcherServlet with name 'Web Framework Page Servlet'

4) If I try to access to the "appoiment" section I get a 404 error and on the tomcat console I see this:
    WARN : org.springframework.web.servlet.PageNotFound - No mapping found for HTTP request with URI [/spring-surf-application-petclinic/app/ointments] in DispatcherServlet with name 'Web Framework Page Servlet'

Why to official samples are totaly broken ? Is spring-surf still developed or it's abandoned since we still not have the 1.0.0.RELEASE version ?

Thanx!

I've got the same problem. There are broken links in all 3 sample apps.

Also building Spring Surf (trunk) from the root directory throws the following error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] Failed to create assembly: Error adding file to archive: /oss/spring-surf/trunk/spring-surf-devtools/spring-surf-roo-addon/./target/spring-surf-roo-addon-1.0.0.CI-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar isn't a file.

Regards

Comment

Yes it is very annoying - we are working to move the build to Maven3 and fix these issues. There will be another release once the Maven build changes are complete.

Comment

Thank for the reply Kevin. I'm looking forward to the next release. On the subject of the next release - will it be compatible with the current release of Roo/STS?

Regards

Comment

I'm sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but is there any progress/plans on this? I'm getting the same issues with fresh checkouts, using maven 2 from trunk, and maven3 with branches/DEV_MAVEN3/trunk.

frustrated...

any work arounds to get just the quickstart working?

TIA
          gene

Comment

Working...
          X