Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, has anyone gotten this working? If so, is there a walkthru/tut that you could throw up here? Have experienced the same problems, not really sure even where to start with the maven3 branch.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by yqu View Post
      For all surf eclipse plugins, you can try the DEV_MAVEN3 branch. It will require maven 3 but it gives us a clean way for eclipse related dependencies. The final build result is a local eclipse update site which will can install to STS 2.5.1.
      Hi, I'm trying this route, please help as I was unsuccessful. Following this guide, http://www.springsurf.org/sites/1.0....velopment.html, I checked out from branches/DEV_MAVEN3. from the command prompt (I'm on Mac OS X btw), i run
      Code:
      mvn install
      , but get the following error:

Code:
      [INFO] Building Maven Default Project
      [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
      [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
      [INFO] Cannot execute mojo: resources. It requires a project with an existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
      any ideas? thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by yqu View Post
        For all surf eclipse plugins, you can try the DEV_MAVEN3 branch. It will require maven 3 but it gives us a clean way for eclipse related dependencies. The final build result is a local eclipse update site which will can install to STS 2.5.1.
        Hi yqu, thanks for the help. I was able to chechout and build from DEV_MAVEN3, but I'm not sure how to install that as an update site. I'm running STS 2.5.2 Any help here appreciated.
        thanks, gene

Comment

Hi, Gene

Once you get everything built, you should have a local update site under

DEV_MAVEN3/trunk/spring-surf-devtools/spring-surf-eclipse-extensions/spring-surf-update-site/target/site

and you can open STS 2.5 and create a local update site and point it to that directory.

Yong

Comment

Hmm... I build the normal trunk successfully.
            But i dont have this update site you're talking about.
            Can anyone help me?

EDIT: Ok, got the Site... now Freemarker 1.1.0 is missing....any idea?
            EDIT: Installed Freemarker... but where is the Roo addon now?
            Last edited by kazimir; Jan 25th, 2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup spring surf environment, and it leads me to this thread.

My purpose is to setup spring surf envi with roo, and start developing a site to be deployed inside alfresco record management.

I have installed STS 2.6.0, maven 3.0.3 , and spring-roo-1.1.2.RELEASE which is bundled with STS

I've already done SVN checkout from DEV_MAVEN3/trunk
              Now i'm stuck when I run 'mvn install' command

There are warnings :

Code:
              [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.springframework.extensions.surf:spring-surf-roo-addon:bundle:1.0.0.CI-SNAPSHOT
              [WARNING] The expression ${pom.version} is deprecated. Please use ${project.version} instead.
              [WARNING] The expression ${pom.artifactId} is deprecated. Please use ${project.artifactId} instead.
              [WARNING] The expression ${pom.organization.name} is deprecated. Please use ${project.organization.name} instead.
              [WARNING] The expression ${pom.organization.name} is deprecated. Please use ${project.organization.name} instead.
              [WARNING] The expression ${pom.url} is deprecated. Please use ${project.url} instead.
              [WARNING]
              and exception :
              Code:
              [INFO] Adding repository (cached) http://springide.org/updatesite
              [WARNING] Exception reading bundle manifest
              java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
                      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
                      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.DefaultBundleReader.doLoadManifest(DefaultBundleReader.java:85)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.DefaultBundleReader.loadManifest(DefaultBundleReader.java:47)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.EquinoxResolver.loadManifest(EquinoxResolver.java:199)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.EquinoxResolver.addBundle(EquinoxResolver.java:175)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.EquinoxResolver.newState(EquinoxResolver.java:157)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.EquinoxResolver.newResolvedState(EquinoxResolver.java:52)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.OsgiBundleProject.getResolverState(OsgiBundleProject.java:194)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.OsgiBundleProject.resolve(OsgiBundleProject.java:142)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.resolver.DefaultTychoDependencyResolver.resolveProject(DefaultTychoDependencyResolver.java
              :80)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.maven.TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.afterProjectsRead(TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.java
              :94)
                      at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:273)
                      at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
                      at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
                      at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
                      at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
                      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                      at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
                      at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
                      at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
                      at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
              [ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException -> [Help 1]
              org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException
                      at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:168)
                      at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
                      at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
                      at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
                      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                      at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
                      at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
                      at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
                      at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
              Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateBuilder.createBundleDescription(StateBuilder.java:44)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateObjectFactoryImpl.createBundleDescription(StateObjectFactoryImpl.java
              :32)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.EquinoxResolver.addBundle(EquinoxResolver.java:177)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.EquinoxResolver.newState(EquinoxResolver.java:157)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.EquinoxResolver.newResolvedState(EquinoxResolver.java:52)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.OsgiBundleProject.getResolverState(OsgiBundleProject.java:194)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.osgitools.OsgiBundleProject.resolve(OsgiBundleProject.java:142)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.resolver.DefaultTychoDependencyResolver.resolveProject(DefaultTychoDependencyResolver.java
              :80)
                      at org.codehaus.tycho.maven.TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.afterProjectsRead(TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.java
              :94)
                      at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:273)
                      at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
                      ... 11 more
              Please kindly advise, where did i go wrong in these steps?
              I've googled around, and yet found a solution to this matter.
              Many thanks in advance
              Last edited by msbee; Apr 7th, 2011, 02:30 AM. Reason: better format

Comment

Hi,

Any chances Surf addon will be fixed for the Roo 1.1-releases ? Looking at the Jira I can't find any activity on addons beside the Webscript addon SESURF-1. Greate Dev Tool so please keep up the good work.

Regards,
                Amine

Comment

Working...
                X