X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to access ServletContext from a Java DeclarativeWebScript

I don't see a way of getting a handle to a javax.servlet.ServletContext object so that I can get attributes out of that object which are in application scope. Here is my code:

Code:
    public class ProductDetailsController extends DeclarativeWebScript {

@Override
        public Map<String, Object> executeImpl(WebScriptRequest req, Status status, Cache cache) {

HttpServletRequest request = ((WebScriptServletRequest) req).getHttpServletRequest();

}
    }

As you can see, I tried getting a handle to an HttpServletRequest but that does not help me as well.

What is the proper way to retrieve objects out of application scope within a Java Declarative WebScript?

I figured out a solution to this, not entirely sure if it's the preferred way or a best practice.

I was able to inject a javax.servlet.ServletContext object onto my DeclaritiveWebScript by having it implement ServletContextAware. Here's the code:

Code:
    public class ProductDetailsController extends DeclarativeWebScript implements ServletContextAware {

private ServletContext sc;

@Override
        public Map<String, Object> executeImpl(WebScriptRequest req, Status status, Cache cache) {
            System.out.println("Injected ServletContext: ["+sc+"]");
        }

@Override
        public void setServletContext(ServletContext sc) {
            this.sc = sc;
        }

}

Comment

There is no direct access to ServletContext from a WebScript, so what you have done using Spring injection is perfectly acceptable.

Cheers,

Kev

Comment

Thanks Kev.

Comment

Working...
        X