Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to set a cookie from inside of surf?

Hey everyone!

Quick, stupid question Is there any way to set a cookie from inside of a SURF-based app? (from either a java or javascript-backed bean? )

I've found the FrameworkUtil and ServletUtil classes, from which I can access the current HttpServletRequest object, but can't find access to the HttpServletResponse object to set the cookie..

Thanks!
    jim

Hi,

From a URL executed Java backed WebScript you can access the HttpServletRequest and HttpServletResponse to get/set Cookies etc. thus:

Code:
        public void execute(WebScriptRequest req, WebScriptResponse res) throws IOException
        {
            HttpServletRequest httpReq = ((WebScriptServletRequest)req).getHttpServletRequest();
            HttpServletResponse httpRes = ((WebScriptServletResponse)res).getHttpServletResponse();
        }
    From within a Surf component WebScript you are more limited in that you are running as part of a full page execution - i.e. you cannot directly write to the response header as part of it may already have been committed - such as Cookies etc. and any number of components previously to yours, so you can only access the HttpServletRequest as that is safe to do so.

Cheers,

Kev

Comment

Nice!

Thanks Kevin!

Lol I guess I should have checked the most obvious place first I've actually only been using DeclarativeWebScripts so far..

Is there a recommened/preferred way to return a page from the SURF page flow at the end of an AbstractWebScript? (other than just a sendRedirect?)

Thanks again for all your help!
      jim

Comment

>Is there a recommened/preferred way to return a page from the SURF page flow at the end of an AbstractWebScript? (other than just a sendRedirect?)

Not sure what you would expect to do? Do you mean from a component webscript or a Java backed URL executed webscript?

Comment

Working...
        X