Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring surf and unobtrusive javascript

Hi,

I'd like to use surf framework following unobtrusive javascript principles and I wish to do that the "surf" way...

After checking the the code, I want to use footer part of the page as it's seems to me to be the relevant place regarding how head is used. But it looks like rendering footer is not implemented by renderers.

So my questions are :
    -> Am I right concerning footer usage ?
    -> Is it planned to implement something ?

Best regards
    ---
    Mathieu BODIN

If I understand you correctly are you suggesting using something like home.get.footer.ftl to include your javascript?

Ainga

Comment

Yes, I would like to put some specific pieces of code in the *.footer.ftl part and use the template to do the generic include of javascript libraries.

Do you think I'm right to organize the page like this ?

Regards
      ---
      Mathieu BODIN

Comment

Hi,

Currently we have mapped the .head.ftl template output into a ${head} variable that generally is placed in the <head> tag - there is not currently an equivalent for the footer area. We haven't found that a *huge* problem, as you can still place your common .js libs into a footer component that you place on all pages, but put libs local to a page in the head.

You are welcome to suggest it as an enhancement as I fully understand it is common practice to want to put the JavaScript tags in the footer area for performance.

Cheers,

Kev

Comment

Working...
        X