Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations on new Wrox Alfresco Book

Hi everyone,

I just finished reading the new Wrox Alfresco Book and it's such a good book. It has answered so many of the technical questions that I as a developer have had about Alfresco in general and about Surf in particular. It's true that the book doesn't delve too deep into CMIS and WCM (in particular, AWE), but it does a great job of the following:
    • Presenting the development prerequisites for Alfresco (i.e. REST, Alfresco's 3-tiered approach to service development, as well as content, security, and workflow modeling.) Chapters 1-7.
    • How to use Webscripts to access and expose information in Alfresco. Chapters 8-11.
    • How to use Surf (and Share and Explorer to some degree), to build sites on top of Webscripts. Chapters 12-17.

The following in particular are going to speed up my development time with Surf in particular and Alfresco in general:
    • How to hot-deploy the following pieces of code using some new folders that are present in the 3.2 release of Alfresco:
      • /Company Home/Data Dictionary/Messages to hot-deploy I18N resource bundles
      • /Company Home/Data Dictionary/Models to hot-deploy content models
      • /Company Home/Data Dictionary/Workflow Definitions to hot-deploy workflow definitions
    • How to use cURL (http://curl.haxx.se/) to invoke webscripts interactively from the command-line in order to test the GET/POST/PUT/DELETE commands mandated by the REST architecture.

Congratulations and thanks on releasing this fine book.

Darryl
    Last edited by darryl_staflund; May 3rd, 2010, 04:42 PM.

I'm glad it was helpful. If you spot and problems or errors please let us know and we'll try to help out!

Kev

Comment

Working...
    X