Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success.

Hi Bas,

I installed your upload web script in to a sample Surf webapp built a few weeks ago. I then uploaded your back-end web scripts into Alfresco and tested an upload. I am running a HEAD build of Alfresco, but the web scripts that were installed were the ones you provided.

The upload failed with the same error that you reported -
    400 Description: Request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect.

I then pulled down the latest Spring Surf libs and built the test application \trunk\spring-surf-applications\spring-surf-application-quickstart and dropped this into my Tomcat server. I added just the upload freemarker template (replacing the home page).

The upload then succeeds. My test webapp can be found here - http://www.benh.co.uk/springsurf.zip

Let me know how your testing goes.

Regards, Ben.

Comment

your sample works

Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for your support. Your code is working properly both for Alfresco Community 3.3 and Enterprise 3.2. I now have a reference that will help me to solve the issue.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Bas

Comment

Great news! Thanks.

Kev

Comment

Thanks Bas!

Regards, Ben.

Comment

web-application-config.xml

I guess I found out why I was unable to upload even after Kev's updates to the Surf code although I used the latest snapshot (revision 416). The web-application-config.xml contains some changes. When I commented out the following bean declaration related to the multipart handler the upload works properly:

<bean id="multipartResolver" class="org.springframework.web.multipart.commons.C ommonsMultipartResolver">
            <property name="maxUploadSize" value="10000000"/>
            </bean>

The application I used to test the code updates done by Kev used the latest libraries, but I never updated the Roo add-on, so the quick start application still had the old configuration in web-application-config.xml.

Thanks again Kev and Ben for your help.

Bas

Comment

There was a problem with the configuration in the SpringSurf config for sample apps. A bean to handle multi-part form data was incorrectly being applied - which was attempting to read the request before the proxy had a chance to deal with it:
              Code:
                  <bean class="org.springframework.web.multipart.commons.CommonsMultipartResolver" id="multipartResolver">
               		<property name="maxUploadSize" value="10000000"/>
              	</bean>
              this bean has now been removed from the samples!! It is working fine in RC1/RC2
              from my tests.

Cheers,

Kev

Comment

Working...
              X