X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf is dead?

Doesn't look like much activity and the documentation is basically non-existent. Even the package names have developer names in them (ie com.bobscomputer.surf.whatever)

So I guess this is just for Alfresco for their Share site?

I don't see anybody else using this.

I will tell you what I wanted to see..

I wanted to have a portlet in liferay that would pull out the content out of Alfresco Share site.

i see there was some kind of effort to developer a JSR-286 portlet using Spring 3.0 MVC portlet...but looks like its dead.

It's either dead, working so well that nobody needed to make updates to the code or documentation since 2010, or the project migrated to an obscure location where we cannot find it.

The project page on springsource.com was last updated around October 2010, Surf 1.0.0 RC1 is listed as current.

The Spring Surf Project site (springsurf.org) is a little further -- Surf 1.0.0 is the latest version listed here, but all documentation links here load empty pages. That site is how I got to this forum.

The wiki entry on Surf (alfresco.com) looks like the best documentation you can get, but it's quite old, too. The page was last updated June 2010 and discusses Alfresco 3.3. That's 2 major releases behind the current Alfresco 4.0.b.

Would you share information you find on the JSR-286 portlet you were looking for here for all to see, to guide us to the right direction?

Thanks.

Comment

Well yeah, Surf is mainly for Alfresco people doing Share customizations or custom webapps with the knowledge they have from Share already.

If your usecase is to make portlet, then just use the Spring MVC portlet and use OpenCMIS or your own webscripts api to fetch content. No need to use Surf if you are not familiar with it.

Comment

Spring Surf provides several useful modules for developers, including the following:

Surf - A scriptable, content-oriented framework for defining pages, templates, components and layout of a web application
        Web Scripts - A scriptable, content-oriented framework for building remote REST interfaces
        Web Editor - A visual design environment for Spring applications including plugins for drag-and-drop assembly of Surf pages and in-context editing for CMIS repositories

Comment

Working...
        X