Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to install the sprinf surf

HI,

I am new Spring Surf..

I followed the exact steps given in the http://www.springsurf.org/sites/1.0....tml/intro.html

But i am getting the following error... I added the system variables for M2_HOME, ROO_HOME also..

I am tring to install the spring surf from past 4 hours, but their is no luck..

roo> addon install --url http://www.springsurf.org/downloads/1.0.0-RC1/spring-su
    rf-roo-addon-1.0.0-RC1-roo-addon.zip
    Command 'addon install --url http://www.springsurf.org/downloads/1.0.0-RC1/sprin
    g-surf-roo-addon-1.0.0-RC1-roo-addon.zip' not found (for assistance press TAB or
    type "hint" then hit ENTER)
    addon search --requiresCommand "addon install" found no matches

Attachment

versions:

Eclipse : 3.6
    spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE
    apache-maven-3.0.3-bin

Can any one tell me where the problem was there and how to resolve the problem..

Thanks & Regards,
    Murali
    Attached Files
    Last edited by muralie39; Aug 26th, 2011, 07:54 PM.

Hi,

I have the same issue, I've just installed Springsource Tool Suite 2.7.1 but I'm not able to install the spring surf plugin.

Any help please?

Comment

Same to me.
      Actually I didn't want to use Roo, but would like STS to generate a very basic Surf project skeleton with maven nature. I don't need "project in 5 min." with tons of autogenerated code.
      All what I need a correct directory structure for Surf app, with required empty xml descriptors that I can fill with components later. But unfortunately all Surf tutorials are coupled with Roo.
      Does anyone know another way to set up Surf app in Eclipse , or where to download the empty project ? Thanks.

Comment

Hi guys,
        i have the same problem.
        Does anyone managed to install STS + JBossFreeMarkerIDE + SpringSurfDeveloperTools as explained in http://www.springsurf.org/sites/1.0....tallation.html.

I can't install the latest plugin (Spring Surf Dev Tools) due to following error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
        Software being installed: Spring Surf Developer Tools 1.0.0.RC2 (org.springframework.extensions.surf.feature.featu re.group 1.0.0.RC2)
        Missing requirement: Spring Surf Runtime 1.0.0.RC2 (org.springframework.extensions.surf.runtime 1.0.0.RC2) requires 'bundle org.springframework.binding 2.0.7' but it could not be found
        Cannot satisfy dependency:
        From: Spring Surf Developer Tools 1.0.0.RC2 (org.springframework.extensions.surf.feature.featu re.group 1.0.0.RC2)
        To: org.springframework.extensions.surf.webscript.edit or [1.0.0.RC2]
        Cannot satisfy dependency:
        From: Spring Surf Webscript Editors 1.0.0.RC2 (org.springframework.extensions.surf.webscript.edi tor 1.0.0.RC2)
        To: package org.springframework.extensions.config.source 0.0.0

Comment

I have the same problem. I can not get "addon install" or osgi install to work and therefor I can not use the this framework. I've had nothing but trouble and no answers.
          I've been at this for a week now and I've found nothing but empty silence. Is this dead or not?
          However, I did get surf addon in roo working.
          Last edited by raldermanfl; Mar 5th, 2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raldermanfl View Post
            I have the same problem. I can not get "addon install" or osgi install to work and therefor I can not use the this framework. I've had nothing but trouble and no answers.
            I've been at this for a week now and I've found nothing but empty silence. Is this dead or not?
            However, I did get surf addon in roo working.
            Hello ,

I get spring surf installed by resolving each con flits dependency. It takes long but it paid .

could you please help me install surf addon in roo . i have the springsource-tool-suite-2.9.1.RELEASE installed .

Thanks it's been 4 days i'm on it .

Comment

There is virtually no point in setting up the Spring Roo add-on. It is is not fully functional and there has been no development on it for well over a year now. It is almost certainly not going to have any further development effort spent on it. Even if you are able to get it working you'll find that it achieves very little that you cannot accomplish simply with a text editor and some basic understanding of Surf configuration.

There are numerous threads posted on both this forum and the Alfresco forums that point this out.

Comment

Dear Ddraper,
                Thanks for your answer with will save me days . I'll try learning how put things working by a simple editor .
                So do you recommend me to put down STS+SURF PLUGIN Too ?

Cordialement,

Comment

Yes. Definitely... developing the configuration for a Surf application should not be too difficult. Those development plugins for STS are also out of date, were not completed and will not be beneficial to you.

Comment

Working...
                  X