X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Surf project still active?

I used Surf for a while to write some Alfresco Share extensions and I really like its ease of use when writing REST applications.

However, I haven't seen much activity on the project lately. The JIRA's roadmap has a 1.0.0 final release planned for November 2010 from which only 3 of 21 issues have been finished. Recent activity was all related to bugs.

This makes me wonder what the plans are regarding Spring Surf. Is the project still active?

Seems not...

I was just about to ask the same thing... Seems pretty dead though. Strange, since Alfresco seem to be using it for ongoing development...

Comment

See this forum post for Alfresco's take on this...

Comment

Seems dead to me. I get no answers from anyone at Spring, Surf, Roo project. However, I did get surf addon in roo working.
        Last edited by raldermanfl; Mar 5th, 2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Due to the lack of interest in Spring Surf being used externally Alfresco have been continuing to develop it for internal use. We have not been building or pushing new releases externally although builds with updates and new features within Surf are constantly being committed to the Alfresco Community source.

The Spring Surf development tools (e.g. the Roo add, Eclipse plugins and STS templates) were never finished, the developers who started them no longer work at Alfresco and it is exceptionally unlikely that they will ever be completed or brought up-to-date with current versions of Roo and STS.

It is still possible to use Surf in external projects but for the latest features you will need to either build the source yourself or obtain the latest JARs from the Alfresco Community source. You should not attempt to use Roo, the STS templates or Eclipse plugins.

Comment

Working...
          X