Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implementing se-jcr in a Roo app, development strategies?

I'm looking at using Apache Jackrabbit in a CMS application that I started out using Spring Roo, thus I started out using an Active Record pattern for my main domain objects with no DAOs.

However, I also need full text search, format validation and handling of different media files, like Pdfs, Word, Audio, Flash, video, pictures among others.
    I was investigating JSR-170 and got interested in Apache Jackrabbit, which seems to have some solutions I can use for my objectives.
    Jackrabbit requires DAOs as far as I can tell. In Roo one can use the Hades addon to created generic DAOs that can be made to talk to jackrabbit. Spring se-jcr also seem very useful, but going from the basic patterns used in books like "Spring in Action, 2nd ed." and "Spring Solutions" that both peruse Spring 2 to Spring Roo with a much stronger focus on Spring 3 and a "Roo" mindset, is somewhat bewildering when it comes to the different possible choices of how to implement.

Anyone here have done Jackrabbit in a Spring Roo application? How did you do it? Can Spring se-jcr fit in a Roo-generated project in relation to Hades and jackrabbit, or is Hades and Spring -jcr really excluding each other?

What are alternatives to JSR-170 when it comes to handling media files? Perhaps I'm envisioning the wrong solution to my problems with Roo, se-jcr, Hades and Jackrabbit?

What are your experiences and thoughts on this?
    Last edited by MiB; Nov 10th, 2010, 05:09 AM.

What did you conclude?

Hi,

Looking at a similar set of requirements- roo, JSR-170/283, Jackrabbit + Magnolia. Did you ever reach a conclusion about the most promising integration path?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Comment

Hi,

I am curently in the same situation...Has anybody found a solution (Roo + JackRabbit) ?

Tkx,

Comment

Working...
      X