Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Remote Jackrabbit Repository

Hi All,

I have deployed the JackRabbit 1.6.0 war in Tomcat running on a remote server. How can I use these spring extensions to connect to the remote server? I see the RMI example, but that appears to create an RMI server/client on the same machine.

Any examples of using this to access a remote JackRabbit server?

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Access Remote Jackrabbit Repository

Thanks. That makes it a bit easier to secure the remote Mysql Database. So does that mean that anyone logging in to the webhost running the PHP scripts will be able to access the remote mysql Database? From the sound of it, it should right?

Comment

Overview

Jackrabbit supports remote access using DavEx (WebDAV with JCR extensions, since Jackrabbit 2.0) and an RMI layer called JCR-RMI.

The easiest way to access a remote repository is to use the org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.JcrUtils.getReposito ry(String uri) method from the jackrabbit-jcr-commons component. This method takes a repository URI, connects to it and returns a local javax.jcr.Repository instance that you can use to access the repository through the standard JCR API. Note that the JcrUtils class is only available starting with Jackrabbit 2.0.

Comment

Working...
      X