Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Map?

Hi,

I would like to find out what are the plans for this project.
    Is there still active development going on? Do you need help?

I am primarily interested in getting current code to run with Spring 3.0 on dmServer (i.e. OSGi). JCR 2.0 is secondary.

Originally posted by dsklyut View Post
    Hi,

I would like to find out what are the plans for this project.
    Is there still active development going on? Do you need help?

I am primarily interested in getting current code to run with Spring 3.0 on dmServer (i.e. OSGi). JCR 2.0 is secondary.
    AFAIK, the latest commit is :
    Code:
    r38 | s.incandela | 2009-05-25 16:49:58 +0200 (Mon, 25 May 2009) | 1 line
    It's way too long ago since nobody has done some commit on this project.
    If help is needed, please say it and I'm sure some people (including dsklyut and me) would be glad to help.
    IMO, currently this project is not usable as is, which is sad because it's useful when working with JCR.

Comment

Se-jcr

I've been using SE-JCR mostly successfully though admittedly I'm not exercising the full range of functionality that more demanding scenarios might require. Actually I was using the JCR module from Spring Modules and just converted everything over when I saw that there's a new SE-JCR effort. (It seems that Spring Modules is defunct...)

One challenge I ran into was that LocalTransactionManager had a binary incompatibility with Spring 3's SmartTransactionObject interface, which picked up a flush() method. I just added a no-op flush() implementation to LocalTransactionManager. I created a JIRA ticket.

http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SEJCR-19
      Last edited by wwheeler; Dec 1st, 2009, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Willie,

This is exactly the issue that I meant about 3.x conversion.

My main concern about this particular effort vs. github effort (http://github.com/astubbs/spring-modules) is lack of activity from project owner/commiters.

Are they still involved? What is SpringSource's governance model around extensions projects?

I am trying to look at this project from standpoint of a corporate clients. As an individual developer I would have no issues with using this code base, but as a corporation I would like to have some level of support and potentially some sort of Road Map.

Comment

Hi all, the se-jcr project starts by the initiative of myself and a colleague who
          faced with the need of a library-like JCR, and seeing that Spring modules was abandoned, we proposed to carry it forward. Each help from the community is accepted, if anyone wants to propose as a committer. Personally I could not follow the project in recent months. But from now I'd like to define a roadmap with you to give priority to the right things to do. I applied the patches SEJCR-17 and SEJCR-18 if we can fit them into
          trunk and move on.
          Waiting for feedback, best regards.

Comment

Salvatore,

I find myself in the same situation as you. I need this jcr integration and would like to offer help in keeping this up to date.

Comment

Good! Your contributions are very appreciate. We could discuss about the extension's roadmap. I'm the committer and I would like to get the community comments and suggestion to make a better extension's.
              So What do you think a bout the actual roadmap any thinks to add?

Comment

Well you asked

I think 1.0 release is a must ASAP. This way more people will look at this project as something useful. Some corporate shops would not even look at the project in pre 1.0 state.

I think SEJCR-19 and SEJCR-14 must go into 1.0 and everything else can wait till 1.1.

1.1 could include SpringSecurity integration i.e. SEJCR-22 and all other stuff.

There is a decision to be made on SEJCR-19 - what version of SpringFramework to compile against? 2.5.6 or 3.0? I will attach a patch for 19 later today but that would require building with 3.0 but will be backwards compatible with 2.5.x.

Comment

Ok just a consideration about the OCM patch i need more time to get look
                  closer the issue.

Comment

Very cool. Let me know if you need anything on the OCM patch.
                    I basically took the patch from MOD issue and tried to make it work with current state. Tests passed and I stopped at that.

Comment

Originally posted by SalvatoreIncandela View Post
                      Ok just a consideration about the OCM patch i need more time to get look
                      closer the issue.
                      Are you able to get access to the Spring jira instance? We really really want access over at http://github.com/astubbs/spring-modules

Comment

Working...
                      X