Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about install and support

Hi,

Having grown to appreciate the power Spring in the Java world, one of the first things I looked into when I recently started developing heavily in Python was an equivalent IoC container. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Spring is available for Python.

However, before I can recommend our team move forward with it, I need to better understand the framework's future outlook and support. It seems there was lots of activity until around 2011. I also noticed that it no longer appears on Spring's "Projects" page. Can someone please provide me with information - formal or informal - of the project's future direction. Why is it not listed as one of Spring's official projects? Is this list the BEST place to interact with Spring Python contributors and the community, or is there a better place?

Also, there seems to be no way to access a Spring Python distribution via the Spring site. Most articles I find, as well as the Spring Python 1.1 book reference URLs that no longer mention Spring Python. Where's the BEST place to retrieve a distro?

Thanks,
    Tim
Working...
X