Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions, including, is this forum still alive?

Hello. I'm Jin.
    I'm very excited to utilize both python and spring framework which are powerful.
    I learned by the book, "Spring Python 1.1 by Greg L. Turnquist". Very well explained! Thanks.
    By now, I need to decide whether to use springpython for my coming projects or not.
    So, please show me any kinds of evidences that this forum is live and i can interact with you.

Let me number my questions for convenience.

1. This forum doesn't seem to be alive. Is it? I read a post regarding the same subject and the answer was 'it's live'.
    But sadly, it was answered in 2006. I'd love to know if it's still live.

2. Does springpython support O.N.L.Y. CherryPy amongst all the various web frameworks? What if I want to use other web frameworks than CheeryPy, especially configuring filterChainProxy?

3. And any plan to support cherrypy version 3.2+? I figured that the examples introduced in the official book, spring python 1.1, doesn't run properly with cherrypy 3.2.
    Cherrypy seems to evolves but I should be stuck in old version because of springpython?

4. While I read through the springpython website, I saw a hyper link to spring.io for springpython source code. I followed the link several times but there is no any hint if spring is also powered by python language. What happened? Why springpython is not listed on the offical spring.io website anymore? Is there a reason?
    This, personally, makes me feel even more nervous. And that is because spring python might disappear one day, all of a sudden, while I still need your support for my projects powered by spring python.

5. I tried to use coily. But it's not responsible when i tried the following:
    $ coily --list-available-plugins
    Am I doing something wrong, or why is it not working?

6. Overall, what's going on with springpython? Any specific plan?

Thank you and I hope you to know that some people like me still roots for springpython.
    Last edited by Jin Choi; Dec 27th, 2013, 08:08 PM.
Working...
X