Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
reliable object relational mapping frameworks to work with spring python Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reliable object relational mapping frameworks to work with spring python

Hi,
    I've worked with spring and hibernate for many years, and we successful implemented many applications! I am trying to integrate spring-python on a new project that will be using python, and I would like to ask the community about reliable object relational mapping frameworks in python. We are planing to use MySQL db. Any experiences? preferences?, does spring-python offers sport for ORM frameworks as spring does? please advise.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Originally posted by seth1 View Post
    Hi,
    I've worked with spring and hibernate for many years, and we successful implemented many applications! I am trying to integrate spring-python on a new project that will be using python, and I would like to ask the community about reliable object relational mapping frameworks in python. We are planing to use MySQL db. Any experiences? preferences?, does spring-python offers sport for ORM frameworks as spring does? please advise.
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Glad to hear you are interested in Spring Python! I hope we have some useful features to rev up your development effort.

Right now, Spring Python doesn't have any direct ORM abstractions, like HibernateTemplate or JpaTemplate. Python itself has a couple of useful ORMs, such as SQLObject and SQLAlchemy, so I would check them out if you are looking for some ORM support. To be honest, I haven't spotted anything that Spring Python could enhance them with.

Spring Python does have a DatabaseTemplate that looks very similar to JdbcTemplate with support for MySQL. If you need to write some customized query that doesn't fit your ORM model very well, then I would definitely suggest utilizing that.

And I don't think its an either/or decision. I think both DatabaseTemplate and a Pythonic ORM can work in the same app nicely. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X