Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Python 2.6

Hi,
    I am currently using Python 2.6. I've downloaded the latest version of SpringPython, Amara 1.2, and 4Suite XML 1.0.2. However, after installing 4Suite XML, I noticed that it does not work with Python 2.6. I have to revert back to Python 2.5 in order for everything to work. Is it possible to use SpringPython with Python 2.6+ or 3.0+? What version of 4Suite XML should I use? If not, is there any plan to support those versions of Python in the near future? Thanks.

There are currently plans to have 1.0.0.GA support python 2.6 (as well as 2.4 and 2.5). Yesterday, I was coding the last bits to support that.

We should have a release soon with those changes. However, if you want to get a jump on the changes, there's always the source code:

Comment

Thanks!!

Greg... thanks.
      So with this release (1.0.0GA), do I still need to wait for 4Suite or Amara to come out with something that would support Python 2.6? Anyway, I will just wait for the release. Thanks again.

Comment

I don't think so. I installed amara package into python2.6 (without directly installing 4Suite), and it works fine.

Comment

Also, I have started capturing info on configuring your machine to development Spring Python. See http://wiki.springpython.webfactiona...ld_environment

Comment

Working...
          X