Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
See "Introduction to Spring Python" at this year's SpringOne America conference Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See "Introduction to Spring Python" at this year's SpringOne America conference

I have a confirmed slot to present Introduction to Spring Python at 8:00pm, Tuesday, December 2, 2008, at the SpringOne America conference in Hollywood, Florida. The only bummer is that my presentation is at the same time as Russ's presentation on Spring Extensions! I wanted to see his as well.

Session #21 : Introduction to Spring Python by Greg Turnquist

"Spring Python is an offshoot of the Spring Framework and Spring Security module, targeted for Python. Spring provides many useful features, and I wanted those same features available when working with Python. Spring Python offers many of the same useful features as Spring including: inversion of control, database template, transaction template, security, aspect oriented programming, and remoting. These are useful tools in any programming language, and are the building blocks for enterprise applications. Code developers have used the Spring framework to leverage their development resources towards working on solutions for their problem space rather than plumbing code. This Spring extension gives users access to a pure python framework that solves many of the same problems. While some parts of Spring have been ported, such as the formidable architecture of Spring Security, other things have been coded from the ground up using the dynamic nature of python, such as AOP. Everything has been coded to be succinct while providing the user with practical, usable tools to solve their problems."

I do want to encourage anyone that can, to sign up and go. I'm really excited to be going to the conference.

Congratulations Greg. I wish I could be there.

Comment

Schedule update for "Introduction to Spring Python"

There has been an update in the schedule for this year's SpringOne Americas conference. My presentation has been moved to Thursday at 10:15am-11:45am. I now have 90 minutes instead of 60 minutes to talk. Also...I get to see Russ's presentation, since we are no longer at the same time! Yeah!

See http://americas.springone.com/confer.../schedule.html.

Comment

Congrats Greg. I wish I could be there.

Comment

I don't know why I didn't think of this. Check out http://blog.springpython.webfactiona...cas-conference, and you can view my slides.

Comment

Working...
          X