Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't build latest trunk on Linux

Greg,

I've checked out the latest trunk and tried to build following the README but it won't work. I noticed there was not setup.py but a build.py, that when ran, was issuing an error saying it couldn't find the build.py command. Any idea?
    Code:
    sylvain@localhost:~/dev/libs/springpython/src$ python build.py 
    invalid command name 'build.py'

Which build.py are you running?

There is one at the top level (right next to generate_site.bash), and one down inside springpython/src as well as springpython/samples.

The idea is to use the top-level build.py directly:
    Code:
    ./build.py --help
    THAT script isn't a convention setup.py script, but instead a sort of top-level make file-like thing.

Some options:

Clean out target directory and run test suite.
    Code:
    ./build.py --clean --test
    Clean out target directory and generate installable tar bundles (with classic setup.py scripts included inside the bundle).
    Code:
    ./build.py --clean --package
    After that last command, you should be able to go down to springpython/src, and run:
    Code:
    python setup.py install
    ...and have the whole library install itself on your machine.

Down inside springpython/src and springpython/samples, there is also a build.py script. It is a template (perhaps I should rename to show that more clearly). The top-level build.py will use that lower level build.py as input to generate a setup.py script with the version number of the release inserted into it.

It is best to think of top-level build.py as more analogous to build.xml for ant jobs. That is the thinking I needed to use in order to better integrate with SpringSource's build/deploy/package/release mechanism.

Comment

Thanks Greg. It worked like a charm

Comment

Working...
      X