X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML container/(un-)stable APIs

As some of you are aware, the XML container currently in use by Spring Python is a fork of the inactive Pycontainer project. Russ and I are planning to refactor that code, we realized it may impact anyone who is using the pycontainer APIs directly. I originally set things up where that code was hidden behind the facade of XmlApplicationContext, but with python, nothing is ever truly hidden, right?

Consider this your notice, that if you are using the pycontainer APIs directly, you need to migrate off of them. I should go on to say that if you are using any APIs that are marked as deprecated (like the connection factories) you should migrate to the new ones.

Since we are at pre-1.0, we will refactor the code-base heavily as we see fit to make this a usable product. We will try to keep people advised through this forum and the mailing list of what is happening, but we are not slowing down.

When we reach 1.0, then we will have a stable API. From there on, we may mark things as deprecated, but only remove deprecated stuff at the next major release (2.0, 3.0, etc.) We don't want to get into the habit of supporting 10-year old APIs (like certain APIs in Java?!?), right?
Working...
X